Tuesday, July 14, 2009

21st Century Web Shopping


Once upon a time, people used to get in their car and drive to a mall or favorite department store.

In 2008, it was reported that major shopping centers especially malls will eventually close. Newspapers will be sold as premiums to discerning customers who love the look and feel of paper in their hands.

Today, there are enough people in the world to follow the next great idea. We are fortunate enough to have landed on this concept focusing on a childs imagination, openness and creativity. As adults we lose a childlike quality living in a world that forces us to grow up sooner than necessary at times. At least that was the way I used to think until I realized one important fact: I have always created the world I live in.

Last ight in an effort to "power down" my brain so I could sleep, I did an exercise of stream-of-conciousness writing. I recalled all the things I used to love to type on my Granddaddy's manual typewriter. I only used words that I thought at the time looked like fun words or things to do. As people who teach about the Law of Attraction will tell you, I was always magnetized to those certain concepts or vocations that I thought about all the time. In fact, it's all I do today. Nearly everyone of those words is something that touches my life each and every day. I'm fortunate enough to have very positive thoughts, most of the time anyway, ad I can't imagine my life any other way. I have become very conscious of what I attract, not always getting what I think I should have, but generally moving in the right direction.

A friend of mine told me recently he feel so frustrated because he works so very hard and yet nothing in his business seems to be working the way it should. I didn't have an answer for him at the time, but it is something has bugged me since then. One thing that popped up for me was that it's not necessarily about how hard we are working but how smart are we working? This is a tough concept for me, but I understand why. My father used to talk about "pounding the cement" as though you weren't really working unless you toiled and sweat and got dirty. The thought of that made me want to take a shower. The thoughts about work are much more aligned today.

You may toil a bit or even sweat, but everything you do for your work must be the means to an end or why do it. If you blog, then blog about the tiny joy of a moment in the day of the job you may dislike. Find enough water to get you through the desert. Then blog about the water.

If you don't love what you're doing, do something you love. Give yourself permission to do something new because YOU are the only one who can do that....not your husband, your wife, your partner, you Mom or Dad or Step-parent.

Just now, writing this I realized the most important thing. Getting few thoughts out to clear my head a bit I believe I just rebooted.
Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have been thinking about "creating the lifestyle" we want first, and then letting the money follow. I was always taught that it was the other way around, and frankly, that was never inspiring. A new business every 3 weeks sounds just about right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have multiple sources of income all around us. The first rule is be doing the things you love to do. I'm doing that right now with some very good friends.

    ReplyDelete